If someone’s circumstances change suddenly and they need support at home, emergency care can help. An emergency carer can help an elderly person, child, young person or adult who has had an accident, illness or needs to find a carer at the last minute. They can also provide personalised, specialist care to someone with a disability or a specific condition.
How can a carer help in an emergency?
Emergencies, sudden events and unforeseen circumstances can be disruptive and stressful. A carer can help ease the strain by providing companionship, reassurance and support to someone after an incident, as well as assisting with physical and medical needs. If you need to find a carer as soon as possible, emergency care can provide the help you need in your own home. Here are some of the ways in which an emergency home carer can support someone:
· Offering respite care
· Getting someone home from hospital quickly and safely
· Post-hospital care and convalescence - helping with recovery
· Collecting prescriptions and groceries
· Reducing loneliness and anxiety when someone is recuperating
· Medical needs, such as helping with dressings
How can I arrange care in an emergency?
Arranging home care can usually take quite some time, however, at Curam, you can hire a carer quickly, which is helpful in an emergency. In fact, many people hire a carer on the day that they sign up to our platform and clients regularly find a carer within an hour. Our app is easy to download to your mobile phone or tablet and makes finding a carer simple.
Here are some additional benefits to hiring an emergency carer with Curam:
· Curam carers have successfully passed our thorough vetting process. This includes interviewing the carer, verifying their DBS check and qualifications and checking they have the right to work in the UK
· On average, Curam carers have around 10 years’ experience and are fully insured. You’re also welcome to contact their referees if you’d like to
· Once you’ve interviewed the carers you feel are the best fit for your requirements, you can then decide if you’d like to hire them
Is emergency care expensive with Curam?
Remember with Curam, you only pay for the care delivered and it’s completely flexible. Carers’ fees vary depending on their experience and your care requirements and prices can be negotiated with the carer and include Curam’s fees. You can hire an emergency carer on an hourly, overnight or live-in basis.
Here’s a breakdown of the prices you can expect to pay for emergency home care with Curam:
· Hourly Care
You can expect to pay from £13 to £16 per hour, depending on the carer’s rates.
· Live-in Care
Live-in care costs begin at £120 per day or an average of £800 per week
· Overnight Care
Overnight care typically covers the hours between 10pm and 8am and can cost a fixed rate of £90 per shift, or £14 to £18 hourly for waking care.
Whilst we hope you never find yourself in any kind of emergency, we anticipate that knowing a bit more about emergency home care, and how simple it is to arrange, will give you the necessary reassurance to tackle whatever life throws at you.