Curamcare Ltd, (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy in line with the GDPR of May 2018. This policy document was last updated on 21-03-2020 This policy, together with our terms and conditions sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Plea3se read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.curamcare.com or by downloading our app you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Curamcare Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ecare Group Ltd of Richmond House, Walkern Road, Stevenage, SG1 3QP.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Ben Weatherall, Director.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site curamcare.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a healthcare worker or product, contract with a care-worker on our site, participate in jobs boards, discussion boards or other social media functions on our site including carer reviews, enter a competition, promotion or survey, contract with a carer or care client and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, personal description and photograph, names of family members, details of medical professionals and or other members of your relevant ‘Micro-team’.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), healthcare workers or products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs, methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of our other partner websites we may operate or co-operate with or the other services we may provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share this data internally and combine it with data collected on this site via that site’s terms and conditions
We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data. We may work with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies, insurance companies and charities). We will always attempt to notify you if we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
- Medical or dietary information provided by clients to carers via the Curam platform.
This information which may be contained in a digital ‘care plan’ in the Curam apps will only be disclosed to third parties with the client’s permission.
General but anonymised medical data collected by our digital care plan algorithims with regard to medical conditions or pharmaceutical regimes of clients may however be shared with third parties purely for research and development purposes.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and/or third parties on the platform and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we may offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Selected third parties including;
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, individuals by postcode). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties (our disclosure policy):
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Ecare Group Ltd/ Curamcare Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology or via the Mangopay payment platform or similar secure online payment system. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password, which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is never completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Your rights and our retention policy
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will always inform you and get your permission (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com and request us to provide you with details of the personal data we hold on you in accordance with GDPR. You can then if you wish request that your personal data be archived (this includes all personal data including if you are a carer details about any vaccination information you have supplied us with), where it will be never used for any purpose before being destroyed after a period of seven years. Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.