Welcome to Curam – you are on your way to becoming part of our better care community. Soon, you will hopefully join the many carers all across the UK that value the freedom and flexibility of working as a self-employed carer with Curam.
At Curam, you will be able to set your own rates and choose which clients you work for. You’ll also benefit from paying the lowest fees in the sector (only 12.5% + VAT) so you will take home 85% of what the client pays, versus the average of 50% that you get when you work with a traditional agency. As one of our newly signed-up carers said: “at last a company working for carers”.
This carer guide will show you how to use Curam to access hundreds of care placements all across the UK. Discover how simple it is to apply – it only takes 20 minutes to sign up and there are no joining fees. The steps to becoming a Curam carer include:
• Completing a profile including a photograph and a short video
• Uploading documents
• Booking an interview
For further information we’ve even made a How to Sign Up video to explain.
STEP 1 – Sign-up and download the app
If you haven’t already, this is how to sign up:
• Create a Curam account with your contact details
STEP 2 – Complete profile
Create an online profile. This is like an online CV - a way for clients to see what a great carer you are. Here, you’ll write a short profile statement called a ‘Bio’. Don’t worry if you are struggling, here are some tips on how to write a Curam Carer profile so you can make the most of showcasing your skills and abilities. When creating a profile make sure you:
• Attach a good photo. It’s a great and important way to make a positive first impression on clients
• Highlight your care condition expertise, hobbies, languages and qualifications
• Tell people what you want to charge. This can be an hourly day/night rate, or a weekly live-in rate
NOTE: Don’t forget the rate you advertise will include our 12.5% commission plus VAT (the lowest in the sector). For example, if you advertise at £16, you will receive £13.60 an hour.
STEP 3 – Essential admin
Upload your documents on the Curam Carer app. These are all held securely on the platform and are not disclosed to anyone without your permission. The documents you will need to upload include:
- Your National Insurance Number
- Your DBS, PVG or NI Access number (enhanced DBS if you are looking for live-in care work)
- The contact details of two references ( one of which must be a UK resident. We do not accept family members or friends)
- Proof you have the right to work in the UK
- Proof of any qualifications listed on your profile
STEP 4 – Book an on-line call
You’re almost there. We need to have an informal chat before we can approve your application. This will take about 15 minutes. Simply book a Whatsapp or Skype interview with one of our friendly Curam team at a time that suits you.
Welcome to Curam!
Once your application has been approved, your profile can go live. You will then have access to hundreds of advertised care placements on our jobs board and you can apply for any which suit you.
On the Curam platform we'll advertise your profile for free to all the Curam clients looking for a carer throughout the UK. We will also pay for your carer insurance and automatically update you about new jobs in your area via the app.
So, now you know how to sign up, take 20 minutes and join Curam’s better care community today.