Skip to main content Tell us your care requirements Tell us your care requirements

Choose who you are?


Should I register as a sole trader or a limited company?

Most Curam carers choose to register as sole traders, meaning they are the only person working for their business.  

A limited company means that the business has its own legal identity separate from its owners (even if it only has one person working for it).  

Completing tax returns is a different process for both these self-employed statuses. 

If you register as a limited company, you will need to supply extra information when completing your tax returns.